Saturday, September 19, 2009

The itch

Last night after reading a very dense obligatory book, I laid in bed and started to get really itchy. Not the poison ivy - that's finally subsiding a bit. It's the "I have to soak that load of scrap hanji and pulp it" itch. It's exactly how Terttu gets when she doesn't shoot for a long time: "I start to twitch."

So, today I pulled out all the bits of hanji that were cut off of weaving pieces and whatnot and laid them out to soak. I also finally uncapped my bin of papermaking supplies and was so grateful to my self of 2 years ago for ordering and storing formation aid!! Since I was laying in bed last night worrying that I didn't have any goo to make decent homemade sheets. Then I put my apron on and inked up another sheet and made a new piece. I'd do more right away if I had the floor space but have to wait for it to dry before I can move it. If everything goes well, I'll have another piece done today and pulp ready for a few tiny sheets tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I always get itchy when I haven't knit for a while. The only cure? Knit! Or work with hanji!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reciclar, reciclar!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!