Monday, August 31, 2009

Sun's farewell

My last day! Instead of working on the big piece last night, I wove this (well, it started out as something else, came out dreadfully, and I had to undo it).

I have a huge water blister from doing it. When Ben called last night and I confessed to weaving while watching trashy TV, he said, "I thought you said you were going to stop weaving once you left Korea." But, like Terttu told me a few weeks ago: "this is something you can do now that you couldn't do before!!" It's like anything else - if I can do it, and I feel like it, I will. Which must be why I joomchi-ed my scraps from weaving to make a picture book and a cover.

Today I realized that my stomachaches of late have come from one culprit: granola. So I am banning it from the diet for a good long while, which is fine. I survived for well over a year without it, so I can do it again. All I have have left to appease my sweet tooth now is cranberry juice and seltzer.

The sun came out today! It started out foggy, but then I was shocked when sun peeped into my studio. I took another long walk close to noon and tried two new roads that hooked up exactly the way I expected, so that boosted my confidence in my ability to navigate. Then I came back and proceeded to not work on the big piece again.

Instead, I made 64 of these. I still haven't figured out how to put them together, but it's right on the tip of my brain. I gave up my afternoon nap (and for a moment, it felt, my eyesight! Though it's nice to be able to do it w/o a needle b/c the bark is tough enough) to do this, though I'm tempted to lay down before dinner.

I've been preparing to pack since the morning. In many ways, I'm itching to get out of here. But in others, I know that the madness of my fall schedule will begin the moment I leave tomorrow morning, and soon I will be pining for solitary summer studio days.

1 comment:

  1. pine away...it will be another year, aimee. and yet, how exciting the autumn and winter. love the stack, and the teensy threads.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!