Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chugging along

[Kitchen window.] Hot today, but not as oppressive as yesterday. I think the humidity dropped and the breeze picked up. Jen was SO kind today to take my dirty laundry, wash it, hang it on the line, and bring it back folded when she came back in the afternoon for us to hit the art supply store. So some things are taken care of, but new problems have arisen. This always happens. But at least I have fresh blades.

I did two new big pieces today and liked this one but was not happy about the oil stains from the floor. I'm not a painter so I don't understand how it gets all over the floor. I knew better! I had washed part of the floor but was working on an unwashed part. The price to pay for haste in work, trying to beat the time and avoid the hot parts of the day.

I also went back and tore off hanji I had already felted onto a smaller pieces. I don't know why I do this, make lots of work for myself and then get rid of it, but I guess it's all part of the learning curve. At least I'm getting better at grinding ink. I've worked in silence today after hearing the news, my little bit of processing.

1 comment:

thanks for visiting!