Thursday, May 22, 2008

The world is heavy

So I took it off of my shoulders for a few hours tonight. It was my last day of work! I got a neverending hug from my boss' daughter, which was lovely b/c I never get hugs from 8-year-olds. I can't believe it's over. As my boss' husband said this morning as he threw his arms open, "a new life!" I came home and immediately uncorked a bottle of wine. Of course, my week left before I fly to Maine is totally stuffed, but this is it, where I've been so many times before, and I know how to rock it: the transition phase. All of the major waiting is over!!! EIGHT MONTHS OF WAITING IS OVER. I'm an artist, I've had my MFA for two years, traveled from coast to coast and beyond, and I am leaving the country as soon as possible to start a Critical Language Enhancement Award, which is part of the National Security Language Initiative, a coordinated federal effort designed to dramatically increase the number of Americans learning critical need foreign languages.

And then, I will start my Fulbright grant. This is my new life.

3 comments:

  1. You totally deserve your new life. You've worked so hard and I'm happy to see it all paying off!

    Congratulations! Lots of love!

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah so, it is what it happens when you wish for a new life! (and it leads to learn a critical inner language)
    Bravo, Artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are amazing & an inspiration, Aimee. congratulations on all of your achievements.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!