Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Overwhelmed land

I've been avoiding this even more than my bricks: allergy season. Not avoiding it, but in total denial. But it hit me HARD today. I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort and unhappy about how spring to me is hell, while to non-allergic folks it's joy. I keep forgetting to say, try to see "Water Flowing Together," a lovely doc about Jock Soto, former principal dancer at the NYC Ballet. Crazy beautiful man and artist. My favorite part of the film is when he's alone on the floor of a rehearsal room, crying from exhaustion and pain. ALSO, the score is great: tons of Arvo Part's Fratres, a gorgeous violin piece that I heard one summer in a San Diego coffeeshop and immediately purchased (my copy is w/Gil Shaham as soloist).

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!