Sunday, January 27, 2008

The almost crying kind of tired

Wow. That was a looooong, hard weekend. After work, picking up photos from Stefan, and great Ethiopian/Middle Eastern dinner/dessert w/Paulette on Friday, I headed to spend the night with Cindy and Ivan so that Cindy and I could work on editing my VT performance on Saturday. Good lord, that was taxing. Mostly b/c their apt has too much dry heat going on, not b/c of the editing. Now that Cindy is a super pro, she edits like lightning, and does a really good job. We LAUGHED so hard when reviewing the footage - it was supremely bad, but also hilarious, like Blair Witch. It was shaky handheld camera work, dark, with a ridiculously squeaky door, and dark figures w/ski caps on (b/c it's cold in Jan in VT!). I told Cindy that she should cut a horror flick from my performance footage. But at least we were able to get something out of it.

I also did some hardcore organizing, brownie-from-scratch baking, and crepe making for them. There was uncomfortable futon sleeping and Australian Open watching and other errands. By the time I got home today, I thought I was going to drop to the floor from exhaustion. But I did come home to a new music stand, a package from Andrea (w/chalk line! Amazingly sweet, and a fantastic memory - she told me to get that a loooong time ago), and a package from Jacklyn (books that she made w/scraps that I sent to her!). I've been doing website updates for hours now and am about done.

Here is recent work.

Here are words.
Here is the performance (this is FUN).

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh, talk about dry heat! Remember VSC; that's probably why the video was shaky; Angelo was probably itching. I'll be glad to get home to the humidifier. But the paper dries quickly - when i can make it!

    (I like today's Security Word: tapgoeti. Sounds like a species of small horned animal...)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!