Sunday, November 18, 2007

So far

I might have finally recovered from my work week. Whew! The good news is that I found out that I have a lot to offer, and by virtue of learning book arts things recently, I know lots of recent developments. Like rolling out your glue with 3" paint rollers. Gili gave me great advice, about how even if I'm tired on my days away from work, I have to work on my own stuff. So I finally got cracking on this project.

The plan is to cover an abandoned gas station with panels (with any fiber method: knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, etc.) from people all over the world. I have been planning to make mine out of plastic bags. Cindy and Ivan were really excited about this b/c they have way too many. So this is what I have after a day, about 30-40 bags. Clearly, they shop at places with white bags. Colored ones are more fun. I still have more than half the panel to do.

2 comments:

  1. looks really cool. I have often thought of knitting plastic bags to make a sturdier shopping bag... but never did it. the bits of red on the white bags add nice texture for the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo pretty... maybe you can make some sweaters and sell them too? cutie-pa-tutie

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!