Monday, November 12, 2007

Geek training & call for NYC housing

I've been reading like a student under deadlines. It's kind of hilarious, but it also makes me feel really good b/c these are things that have been piling up on me. I finished Alberto Manguel's Reading Pictures today and am now considering Kanye West as my next study subject (this would fall into the ongoing "cultural literacy" project). I keep thinking that there are apps I need to do, but now I'm getting to the point where I can't mindlessly apply for things b/c I actually have to propose some content. I'm tempted to ask some artists to collaborate...good grief! Am I really ready for that?

Anyhow, this is Rebecca in Mexico, making a beautiful handmade paper cased binding out of a cereal box! She is looking for places to stay in NYC for her "first real trip to NY," Nov 23 - Dec 2. She's going to be here to teach and perform with Lower Left, a dance collective, as part of Movement Research's Fall Festival focusing on improvisation. Three of them are crashing at one place here and just want to take the burden off their host and roommates. So if anyone knows of other options, please let me know or contact Rebecca (info[at]pmpd.org). Someday, when I open my own hostel for artists where I don't feed them SPAM, I'll take all of them in. For now, just spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!