Friday, October 05, 2007

Spurts here and there

I just got off the phone after talking to Terttu for two hours or so. That was fun. I had just made tons and tons of paper, had an enormous dinner again, and was catching up on computer stuff when Joana came to fetch me for the call. I see now that this always happens when residencies start to wind down: people eat like there is no tomorrow. I don't really feel like participating in this, but how do I avoid it when it's all around me? I'm interested in this phenomenon, but not enough to give it any more attention besides recognizing it and acknowledging that I'm not interested. These are some tools, the green thread I got at Salvation Army during our town trip, spools from downtown Sheridan, and in the background, my pieces for Art-o-mat.

This is a sheet of cattail seed "paper" - I call it cattail seed dryer lint. Didn't work so well on its own, which is good news: no need to harvest or cook or anything anymore. I can call it quits. But I wanted to show the image b/c Terttu said that my flickr pics make it look like I'm cooking poop. I'd like to state for the record that I was cooking cattail seeds and fluff, not poop. Though I found that the cowpies in the hills all turn to paper as they sit and dry out. Other people make cow poop paper, but I do not. Hopefully after tonight, I will stop making paper already b/c I should get cracking on other artwork, sample books, and that unspeakable app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!