Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Poof!"

Breda said that my last post should have been called "poof instead, like suddenly you are in another part of the world!" Well. I have clearly been living on ANOTHER PLANET for the last few months. Up until last night, I thought my birthday was going to be this Wednesday. Then, in my worrying about the Fulbright deadline, I realized that it's actually tomorrow! Why? B/c for the last three years, I have printed my own planner, which starts on a Monday. It was based on another planner I had used since 2000. After seven years of seeing Monday at the start of the week, I assume that the third number over from the left on a monthly calendar is a Wednesday.

Suddenly, I am face-to-face with the new decade, and completely unprepared! Yikes. I hid in Sunnyvale for another day to rewrite my Fulbright essays and panic about my slides. Hopefully, I will be able to get to SF tomorrow w/all my bags from WY and then to San Mateo. Somehow.

In the meantime, this is a perfect sign of getting older. A friend last week emailed, saying, you're birthday is Tuesday next week! And I wrote back, saying, NO, it's Wednesday! Now I know to trust my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...blogger declined my last comment. It just disappeared.

    I said: Happy Birthday, whenever it is.

    And, I don't know if it helps, but I spent two years awhile back being certain that I was a year older than I actually am. (When this many years pile up, I'm not sure how much a difference that makes, but it was nice to gain a year).

    Felicitations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY THIRTY YEARS ON EARTH! You're a star! An old lady star, but a star nonetheless. You're practically my grandma now. Congratulations, old woman!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!