Thursday, September 06, 2007

In hiding

I did too many intense things in three boroughs of NYC today in two different languages and had mild vertigo most of the time (but that quesadilla at La Flor was stupendous). So I went into hiding tonight and was thoroughly disappointed by Moya in the men's quarterfinals. But here's a SAVE THE DATE from a Chicago friend, Jill:

Look for handmade books and sweet embroidered things, along with the Postmodern Sideshow (screenprinted t-shirts, dress shirts, and magnets) and Five Trees (crocheted monsters and finger puppets) at the...

5th Annual Chicago Renegade Craft Fair
Sat - Sun Sept 15 - 16; 12pm - 10pm
Division b/t Damen & Wood
Booth 60, close to the corner of Winchester & Division.

The fair is happening simultaneously with the Do-Division Street Fest. The festival includes food and live music and runs on Division in between Wood St. and Ashland Ave.

Renegade was the fair that really broke me in when I was starting out. It's great fun and there is SO much to browse/buy. That was where I sold my "you have the magical vagina" letterpress prints on handmade kozo paper. My favorite customer was a mom who got it for her daughter. So, mark your calendars for next weekend in Chicago and eat a hot dog w/the works for me! I'll try to remember to show you photos of exactly that when I'm back at my home computer.

1 comment:

  1. Aimeeta

    l haven't seen that, but hot dogs with a magical vagina sounds like a spell!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!