Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mounting crises

I drove in Mexico. A small, white automatic with sensitive brakes. I am a complete idiot when it comes to the metric system, so I had no idea what 60 or 80 kph meant or felt like, so lots of people passed me while I wondered what the speed limit was. There were lots of speed bumps in Maravatio. [segue] The new website for the residency is up and public! Check it out. [segue] Announcing my sister's new cut of my farm performance (soooo much better than the last one. I love having a pro editor in the family)! [segue] I got great edits back from a Fulbrighter in China, and set up an appt to talk to a Fulbright person at my alma mater. And I'm making some headway on a new artist statement, research for which lead me to Beili's new site, which is crazy gorgeous. She did it herself! Amazing.

Okay, that's the end of the good news. This morning we got the call that my sister's father-in-law just had a stroke in Macedonia. Then I talked to a friend whose sister was just in a bus accident. I am really tired of the big drama, so can the rocks in the sky please align themselves so the drama eases for just a moment?? My Chicago dentist was kind enough to send me an enormous email about being calm and explaining the possible things going on in my mouth and possible routes of recourse. I couldn't handle all the bad things so I took a break to watch "Zoolander," which rocked my afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. just watched the new cut of the art farm performance,
    wow,
    yes, beautifully edited clip, gave me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!