Friday, August 24, 2007

More big decisions

I'm writing while on the train, after a long day out. Highlights: making it through the day w/o dropping my new computer (though I got schooled about lugging it around while it sleeps: that's a big no no), having a long luxurious afternoon w/post-surgery Gili (seeing her, you'd think that having surgery = going to a day spa), finally meeting her parents (thanks to her dad for checking my neck's blocked lymph node), and seeing an action flick w/Barbara (can you believe I saw "The Bourne Ultimatum," period, not just in the theatre??). Rafff asked if I'd take firearm-shooting classes with him and Joe gave me good press kit advice.

Tomorrow I have a phone appointment w/the on-campus Fulbright advisor in Chicago, and prepare for a weekend in Chicago. I've been in denial about this trip for a while, but it's finally upon me. Time to pick empty luggage and weigh in.

Here is the I'm back home update: crap. I just found out I got another residency for the fall, in Canada. It's great for papermaking. The big catch: huge, huge price tag. Yikes. I have a LOT of quick decisions to make.

2 comments:

  1. your scarf makes you look like you are in canada! :) i go for the mri today for neck and left knee. they say it takes one hour PER BODY PART.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scarves. Canada isn't half bad, either. Where are you now?! You're always on the move.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!