Monday, August 06, 2007

Major resistance

AAAHHH!!! I feel like I truly canNOT write this heinous personal statement. The Statement of Proposed Study or Research was bad enough, but the personal statement is killing me. It's driven me to potato chips, doritos, rice and fish, strawberries, corn on the cob, and staring at "citrus medley" cans and apple cinnamon rice cakes and ramen in the pantry. I am grossed out by how much I have to write about myself: how often, how many different ways, how many different word counts, etc. The block is severe. I'm sure it's all related to how much I want this and how scary it would be to not get it. Or, to get it.

Elizabeth sent me some HILarious photos from Mexico at my request. Most are embarrassing (the ENTIRE two weeks was a bad hair day. I'm not sure how I was able to make friends w/such frightful hair), but this one I really wanted Pauly to see. I have no idea where my left leg is, but Markus is in the green shirt, and Gustavo and Gaelyn are standing. They always woke up super early. I was always cold in the mornings. Those were the good old days, when I didn't have a computer on me, but it was alive and completely safe from my dropping ways.

13 comments:

  1. oh, come on! embarrasing!!!!! you looked quite good all the time...the only ugly thing you had was that long khaki dress....

    and yes. IT'S A BIG BIG DEAL TO LOSE A COMPUTER, ANY WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you wrapped up in the thing that looks like the thing that Paulette gave us from the Phil? You look so fab it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, is that long khaki dress the dress I gave you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooppppsssssssss

    well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have totally shirked my duties and instead spent the evening and night finishing _on beauty_. i know, we all have our trap doors.

    yes! that's what paulette gave us from the phil. TOTALLY loved it. very useful - for massages, for traveling to the shower and back, for sleeping on, for wrapping in, for scarf, etc.

    hahaa, yes, that's the dress. i don't feel that way about it, though. it's CRAZY useful as an artist, traveler, and sun loather. seriously. i love all the clothes you give me! i passed the blue flower dress to my sis and she took it to macedonia AND to the big party for the film. you outfit the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE. no worries.

    besides, isn't there something they say about the *person* making the *clothes* look good or bad? i take full responsibility. remember, i only showered every 3 days there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm... I wove the fabric for that dress by hand, with cotton that I myself toiled in the fields to get. Then I sewed it together with the sinews of an endangered lizard species, sacrificing an entire forest food chain. I dyed the fabric with a mixture of tears and Smurf(TM) sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAAA!!! i love you. and all of my wonderful friends.

    oh, did you also coat the dress in fire retardant?? hahaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aimee--you look great in the malong! The yard you're standing in looks like the one that belonged to my host family in Mexico.

    What ugly khaki dress?

    Ellen, I need clothes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It might be slim pickins after Aimee and Gi cleaned out the closet in NY. The coral colored, off the shoulder ruffled tube dress is there waiting for you though.

    I fully intend on bringing the malong to Hawaii and somehow wearing it as a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wore the malong as a wrap dress when my regular sarong got soaked in the rain. it works.

    OH! the coral dress. HAHAAAA. paulette at least has to try it ON and be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coral ruffled tube dress? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!