Sunday, July 01, 2007

Did we always name days?

Even though I don't work a M-F job, I still feel really affected by the S-S schedule of most people. I always assume that weeks start with Monday, since that's the way I printed my datebook. But I forget that conventional calendars all start with Sunday. There's all this "day of rest" business, and even though I have no days of rest, days still feel like they have their own characteristics. Everything seems slower and calmer on Sundays. Did people ever live in a time when they didn't name days that operated in cycles? I wonder what that would be like.

Anyhow...this is, finally, the "professional" shot of what Lisa likes to call my ramen book. I am getting closer to my pre-Mexico goals, but have gotten sidetracked, too. Well, the sidetracking is directly related to what I'm doing, but it delays my slaying of the to do list: 1. I got a few books and CDs to so a crash course in Spanish before I leave. 2. I read A. Van Jordan's M-A-C-N-O-L-I-A, which is brilliant. Thanks to Ching-in for the recommendation, which I pass along to everyone else.

Back to work, since I will be in another country in exactly a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!