Monday, June 18, 2007

"Shout-out!"


This is long overdue. I'm down from the heat, my period, and being buried by all sorts of new challenges w/my Fulbright app and research. So better to show off people I know and love rather than talk about how much Gili and I were bored by "Pan's Labyrinth":

Terttu Uibopuu (see sidebar for a link to her blog) is a Chicago-based Estonian photographer who has a solo show opening at the end of this month. It runs June 28 - July 27, with an opening on Friday, June 29 from 5 to 7pm. It's at C33, a gallery on the corner of East Congress and Wabash (33 E Congress). Fun fact about the gallery: if you ride the orange or green lines towards Roosevelt, you can look down and see the gallery from above. Or you can just get off at Adams/Wabash and go see the show on foot. It's free. And will be brilliant.

Julie Laffin is a performance artist based in McHenry County, Illinois, and has been active in the Chicago and national performance scenes for her entire career. She works with architectural spaces and garments, with stunning sited work and durational performances in enormous dresses. She will be presenting a new work at the Prague Quadrennial on June 22, invited by Franklin Furnace to represent the US. My dear friends Clover Morell and Elizabeth Czekner are flying out tomorrow to perform and run tech/documentation for the event.

Stefan Hagen (I need to call him soon to shoot some more art) and a group of other artists (some that I met through NYFA years ago) are in Thoreau Reconsidered at Wave Hill, which runs until August 26.

I have two books in Artists’ Books 2007, showing at Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo, CA, showing until July 13. My days of the week underwear book is still on view until July 7 in Chicago at the Columbia College Center for Book & Paper Arts gallery, in Action/Interaction: Book/Art Exhibition.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, I wasn't very clear:

    Terttu's show: in Chicago
    Julie's: in Prague
    Stefan's: in Riverdale, NY
    Mine: Cali & Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Pan's Labyrinth, but I agree that there were some slow parts. Very exciting that you have stuff showing all over the country.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!