Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back to regular programming

Kate made this lovely bittersweet wreath w/my last "holiday" card. I hope to see her Thursday. I was psyched today to schedule a photo shoot w/Stefan for Friday. I get unreasonably freaked out about making phone calls, so I always feel extra happy once the call is over. It makes me feel like I've accomplished a LOT. Besides finishing Korean Women: View From the Inner Room, I also ordered papermaking supplies for Mexico from a place in Canada. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to do that rather than go to a vendor I know. Spending money on art-related things (like pro slides and pH strips from Ottawa) is my best happy drug.

I just found out that the Mexico residency is being fiscally sponsored by The Field, a non-profit, artist service organization, so we can receive tax-deductible contributions through them. If you want to help defray my materials/travel costs, just go to www.thefield.org, click on "Contribute>To A Sponsored Artist," and under Artist Name, enter "Alicia Marvan" (don't worry, the whole amount minus the 3% credit card fee goes to me. Alicia is the director of the residency).

Of course, if you contribute, you'll get a special treat from Mexico. I'll have to mail it from the States when I return, but it will be something I make on residency.

The Field is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization serving the New York City performing arts community. Contributions made to The Field and earmarked for Alicia Marvan are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. For more information about The Field contact: The Field, 161 6th Avenue, New York NY 10013, (212)691-6969, fax: (212)255-2053, www.thefield.org. e-mail: info@thefield.org. A copy of The Field's latest annual report may be obtained, upon request, from The Field or from the Office of the Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!