Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Requests

I'm asking that the VT tragedy is number one of the three recent bad things that happened to me. The third hit today: got a call from the museum that my crate arrived, badly damaged. They do a full damage report tomorrow after unpacking and assessing the actual bricks. I was kind of horrified, but also not surprised. It doesn't mean I'm not upset, but I'm used to it w/this piece: it's a self-portrait. I am high maintenance and high drama. This piece mirrors me perfectly. What can I say? I am a good mirror and I make a good mirror.

Oh, crap. I just found out something that makes me lean more heavily towards going to Mexico this summer. Wow. Things are moving so quickly. It's funny, too, b/c I'm getting everything I asked for: when I started working, I thought during the drudgery moments, "I would rather deal w/my monstrous thesis crate nightmare than work for other people," and voila! Here I am, in the boat I requested. The universe does indeed deliver. I need to now ask for more specific and positive things. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I can't get the Mexico link to work. Where in MX?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops!! i fixed it. i hate how blogger inserts random gif files for no reason randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit, so you GOT the Mexico residency?! It looks amazing! I've heard that Michoacan is really nice. Wheee!!!

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!