Monday, April 23, 2007

60 years old





I played model daughter this weekend and was a perfect hostess (except I didn't wear an apron). I peeled and cut lots of fruit and served lots of beer and cleared and washed and dried lots of dishes. Yesterday, I had a lovely rehearsal w/Diana to figure out our bead/droplet and then I almost left my violin on the train when I got off at home. NO JOKE. I walked onto the platform, thinking, "hm, I was struggling all day but why does my load feel so much lighter?" as I held a boring philosophical anthropology book in my hand and nothing in the other.

Then I said, "oh, SHIT!" and ran back onto the train, grabbed my violin from the overhead rack, and ran off. I wouldn't have cared if the train doors closed and I ended up at the next station. The important thing was that it was in my hands. Age, memory, out of sight/mind, it's all catching up to me. Still catching up on arts admin for myself and doing more bday things today for dad. Cookies for mom, so she doesn't feel left out.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you remembered your instrument... that would have been tragic.
    Thanks so much for yesterday!
    xo,
    dyg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supposedly that happened to Yo-Yo Ma except he left his cell in the trunk of a cab. So that means you must be getting really good at your instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo. The 60th birthday. That's the biggie for Korean-Americans. I heard they barely do the hangap anymore in Korea--it's just a big diaspora thing. Congrats to your dad! Please pass the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAAA! Maybe it just means I'm getting old. Yo-Yo Ma is how old???

    I asked dad about hangap. He seemed to like that I was asking. Be prepared: I am about to send a barrage of emails asking you all about Korea. I have MASSIVE research to do in only a few months.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!