Friday, January 26, 2007

Sixteen below

And the temperature keeps dropping. Someone just came to the studio to tell us there's a dance party in the lounge, and then promptly left and left the door to the outside open. Again, for the second time today, I felt a horrible freezing draft, wondered why it felt like I was outside, screamed, ran over to the back door, and slammed it shut. I'm quite cranky today.

Gili got the brunt of my nastiness, but I had a good talk w/Kendal tonight before dinner in the studio about what has been going on for me here, which gave me good perspective. I still want to get a psychic reading from him. Anyhow, I ran and got my violin after dinner to read some music w/Buzz downstairs on the out-of-tune Kawai, which made him happy (Faure, Tchaikovsky, and Gershwin). I was mortified b/c I was out of tune and could barely read the music over his shoulder, but it was good for me. As people played ping pong behind us.

Then we had a really short slide lecture upstairs. I ran my violin back to the sculpture barn and then headed to the studio. I drew and drew and drew and then realized that I am a drawer (not a draughtsman). I love drawing. That's what I do. So then I cut up a bunch of paper and glued it together and colored and that made me pretty tired. Terry Adkins finally got into town after missing his flight yesterday. I think we crit w/him tomorrow a.m., so it's bedtime for me. Exactly this time next week, I'll be home in New York. Yay.

6 comments:

  1. where are your socks????

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly what i say too. socks and a hat.

    i miss you and can't wait until you are back in ny so we can talk. i've had an ego killing (in a bad way) few days and i feel not so good. at least i have david and nesday that love me and don't htink i'm evil. i'm thinking of getting into another profession. what should it be? i'm sick of people being harsh and making me feel so rejected. uck. i don't want to live life this way. but maybe that is just how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAAA. my socks were falling down and making my feet uncomfortably sweaty, so i took them off. that's not what was cold, though.

    ellie!!! i worry a lot about you. i can't wait to get to call you when i get home (but i'll only be there for like 2-3 days before i leave the country so we have to catch e/o then!). hang in there! i was thinking about you and nesday and how wonderful it is that you have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so intense in the photos! Is that a *beer* on your desk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. not even. ginger ale. and not even that. i just like drinking water out of the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Your hair looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!