Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Almost time to go, it seems

I feel like we're leaving already. But we have about a week and a half. I couldn't sleep last night until very late, and ran all sorts of terrible things through my head, and then had nightmares of my parents' home being flooded by the river, which was acting like a huge ocean. I love that I just want a stable home and then I dream of the only one I have left being destroyed. I missed breakfast again and then packed up a bag of laundry, met Ching-In on the way, and did laundry w/her. Roko came in to pick hers up and shared cookies w/me. I didn't get any art done before lunch, and then worked in the office and the library, and then went back to the studio for a power nap and a few small breakthroughs. I knitted two rows. Of what, I don't know.

I had a really good talk w/James at dinner about what I've been going through, and also had a nice lunch w/Hugh and Susan and Chloe, and brief tea w/Greg. So today is better, though I didn't get much done in the studio. I have to brave the night and cold to drag in the woodchips tonight b/c the next several days will all be below zero. It's now or never. My dessert resolve is breaking down: cookies for breakfast, key lime tart in the afternoon, yellow cake and white frosting during the poetry readings...next thing, you'll see me hunting for a bacon cheesburger.

1 comment:

  1. who's in the department store now???

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!