Sunday, December 03, 2006

Old shoelaces

Last night was "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring". Today was "Junebug". Tonight, "Match Point". In between, I sewed up a limp vellum with handmade paper that has some of the ill-fated milkweed stalks. I had wanted to make this book ever since I got back from the farm, but didn't have the straps and of course left my extra goatskin in Chicago. Luckily, my dad is a packrat and had old, old leather laces that had the first version of the barcode on the packaging. An antique, he says. I sliced the laces in half and I think they'll work just fine. I called Gavin at Paper Dragon and will go in tomorrow to see if we're a good match for each other: he needs binding interns to help prepare for a grand opening in Chelsea. It seemed like the perfect idea before the root canal news. Now I have some qualms, only b/c my schedule is so erratic. Oh, and also b/c I've gotten out of the practice of working for other people.

Speaking of which, I found a web designer!! Now I just need to contact a photog I worked with years ago and see if he's still available to shoot slides, or if he's too big for that now. And then harass my sis about either having her or someone she knows to edit my performance footage. I worry sometimes that I'm sinking a lot of myself into myself, which could be a sinking ship, but I suppose I have enough youth on my side to get me through. Time to finish this book.

3 comments:

  1. I started salivating when I saw your shoelace project. So beautiful.

    The Korean movie is amazing. So is Match Point, although in a totally different way. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that book is incredible.

    Hated Match Point. Big time. More than I hated Garden State. I'm difficult to please, movie wise.

    I emailed you to let you know I am working today so I'm not around. Wish I could hang out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were in Chicago still i could have totally edited things for you. but your not. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!