Saturday, November 18, 2006

Surrendering to the video world

I've been resisting for my whole life, but you can only resist so long. Past examples: hiring slide photographer, switching to Apple, getting a digital camera, hiring video editor, hiring web designer, being nice to people who ask the same question over and over. The life cycle of my concessions as an artist. So, this is some of the tons of HILARIOUS footage that Terttu got tonight of the brick wall. I hope we keep collaborating in the future, with a better camera and more sites. I'll say this much: even though it's paper, it made me feel really safe whenever I was behind it.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    this video reminds me of what we all look like, walking through the world with our walls up. it would be interesting to walk down the street and see lots of people walking around with brick walls surrounding them. thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great performance! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny b/c i was telling terttu last night that i should get lots of people to walk around w/the rest of the pieces of the wall and trudge thru the streets. and get aerial shots.

    i bumped into ania and greg at the media opening last night and greg said i should go to a bar and have the wall in front of me to try and be less approachable. though most likely, i'd get hit on even MORE. he also said that it's apt for me now b/c i have no home, so it's like i have to carry it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's what it's like, looking back. We build them up, one brick at a time, one smallish duty or burden or resentment that wears on us but that we just can't quite let go, and the next thing we know, we're carrying around a whole wall of them, feeling exhausted but no longer remembering why, and having trouble getting through our day. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!