Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Morning things

I'm skipping yoga practice today; too much on the dear plate. I like my plate. I just tend to heap way too much onto it. Somehow, I woke up really early. Which is good b/c there's a lot for me to prepare for today. I forgot to mention this link last night b/c I read it, and though it's not the best thing on the yellow fever topic that I've read, I am glad that at least it's still out there, trying to be visible, since it's so rampant but unconsidered except by the victims.

4 comments:

  1. Dont you wish you could just ask for a bigger plate sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you managing your life so well! I'm impressed.

    OMG the article brings back so many memories!! (Of being single). I swear, some of those encounters could have been direct quotes from my life. A past life, thankfully.

    Maybe next time someone gives you a creepy Asia-phile pick up line, you should put your hand in his face and say, "NO SPEAK ENGRISH!" and walk away.

    P.S. I love the last line of that article! "He's a new man, he says, living by a new philosophy: 'Asian women tend to be mean, stingy abusers.'"

    ReplyDelete
  3. but i don't feel like that really ends even AFTER you are w/someone. it's such a huge problem.

    and, the problem w/getting a bigger plate would be that i'd heap even MORE onto it, which would surely spell trouble.

    p.s. - michael, come to work tomorrow! i'm going to make paper in the studio (thurs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, bigger plate = bigger problems. You're doing great with what you have and making every heaping count!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!