Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Grease a combine

I was reading the NYT article on the new Montana senator and was excited that I understood what they were talking about (he's a farmer). I spent the afternoon looking at more residencies on farms or in national parks and whatnot. I was pretty excited b/c I got an application done that I had been putting off for months, and the UPS store guy remembered me and asked how Nebraska was and said that it's great that I'm living my dream. I shipped three boxes to NY and hauled a crapload of things out from the basement. It's all on Tam's back porch waiting until Elizabeth and I take it all to thrift stores. I'll be SO GLAD when that happens. I'm going to have Jay take my bed and blue violin. I'll probably have to ship a few more things before I fly out, but I'm feeling like things are a little more under control.

It's cold and all I want to do is eat. I've gained some weight from farm life, can't fit into things, and was laughing at my size today. I also found a ceramic bowl that I forgot about that Jon made. That made me happy b/c I'm trying to appreciate ceramic work more. Too bad it's so heavy. I start my social week tomorrow, after yoga and bodywork. I can't wait until I get to be in one place for a little longer than a couple of weeks b/c this itinerant lifestyle is tricky. Tam's little brother got shot in Iraq and was pulled off the front lines. He's okay, but it just all seems so senseless. [see? all my thoughts are broken and wandering.]

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:38 AM

    whoa!!! that's so scary about tam's brother. how horrible. i'm so sorry to hear that. thank god he's okay.

    wow, you're really doing it with the goodwill giveaway, huh? seems like a good idea. i just wish i was a consistent person enough to know what to give away. giving to friends is way easier. riva's complete wardrobe is 80 percent my old stuff.

    so is the violin staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. elizabeth is going to swing by on wed a.m. and we'll dump it all. wohooo!!

    no, jay will store the violin and facilitate a sale if the opportunity comes up. but he's a violist and he's actually borrowed the violin before so it'll be in a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet about the UPS guy! Seriously, you're living your dream! You have totally been inspiring me- you're like my own personal Anousheh!

    Anyway, I'm so glad you're my friend. Just wanted to put that out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww. i'm totally psyched to see you two in ny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gili.

    My brother is fine. He got shot in the hand between his index finger and thumb. He's so fine that they've put him back to work.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!