Sunday, October 29, 2006

Here. Over. Open. Bereft.

Those were the words from my performance last year in the fall. Shawn and Chela and I went to the steakhouse in Chatham tonight for dinner after the harvest; now I'm stuffed and extremely exhausted. We had a write up on the front page of the arts section (or something...I didn't look closely) of the local paper. Now it's time for the post-big-event slump, right? We have to all figure out our departure times and stuff...whew. I have no idea how I'm going to do it and when. Still no plane ticket, no rides, just people who will host me in Lincoln and Omaha. I kind of wish I could drive back to Chicago, but that's probably economically stupid. I'm looking forward to a long night of sleep tonight, though.

2 comments:

  1. Gas prices are cheap now. Maybe driving would be nice. Solid car time to think and see the world sounds great. But if you don't think it's feasible, flying could be okay. Do you feeling like you're coming down from a huge high? You kind of sound like it a little. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats lady! i'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!