Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rocky relationships

Ohhh-kay. Round ten. I had gotten half a post done when Justin Timberlake started to skip like mad and my computer froze. My iTunes now constantly skips so that if I'm listening to one song, it randomly plays pieces of other songs in the album. I think that my iBook is on the fritz. I used to compare it to a guy I once dated: at first, I was really hesitant to get into the relationship/buy the computer, and delayed it as long as possible, while doing tons of research. Then, after I gave it, I was overcome with joy. After a while, I didn't even notice how much easier my life was. But now! It's like w/him: I tried to give it a lot of chances. But eventually had to end it completely. I'm really not happy about that prospect, b/c I invested in a new hard drive only a month or so ago (same idea: didn't want to break up b/c I had already gotten the plane ticket), but I have to remember what I learned in Econ 101 (the only class in my life I got a C in; good old Oberlin): you can't make decisions about the future based on past investments.

I can't do anything about it right now, but I'll have to worry about it...maybe in 2007? New goal: get a salary, buy a new computer. In the meantime, I've been itching my face b/c I got attacked while digging potatoes. Jami showed me how and did a bunch of shoveling for me, as well as guiding my shovel. I kept running away and in circles to try to get the bugs away from me. B/c I was covered in clothing, they all went for my face. So this is what I had to show for myself after coming back w/a welt-covered face (Jami dug up probably 2/3 of the booty). I had some for breakfast today w/three eggs. YUM.

I still can't breathe very well, and I spit out my mouthguard in the middle of the night. But I did my yoga and meditation, and gave thanks for being alive during the heyday of Justin Timberlake. I read all of the magazines Jami gave me and think I'll go for a walk b/c 1. my computer is being crazy and 2. I don't want to do any work. My initial post was much more insightful, but now I'm just Sunday afternoon cranky. Oh, the top pic is also fake: Ed did all the cutting down of the sawhorses that make my computer table (which was too high for my carpal-tunnel-prone wrists).

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of you in the midst of chaos and machinery. So beautiful! I suggest it is your new bio/mission statement photo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!