Thursday, September 07, 2006

Howl

I think it's hilarious the way that Ed puts captions onto photos. But this one was too appropriate, so here it is: last night, I decided to go up on the roof w/my violin. Fiddler on the Roof, remember?? God, I think that was like...11th grade pit? I forget. All I remember: the music was hard (but good), and they had a skinny Indian girl who didn't know how to play violin play the part of the fiddler, and she'd be on stage all hunched over a school violin w/a bow that had no rosin (so that it made no sound when she pulled it across the strings), while I'd be cringing watching her as I played the music. Oh, too funny.

Anyhow, I was SHOCKED at how bright the moon is. Tonight is the full moon, and Jami's reading, and my horoscope in at least two places says that it will be a bad day for me. Ed said that people can't see colors in moonlight. It's true!! All the colors in this photos (oh, all of them, I know) were things I couldn't see on the roof. And the moon is bright like the sun! But so much better:

1. You can't get moonburn
2. You don't go blind if you stare at the moon
3. Moon doesn't cause cancer or moon poisoning
4. Moon changes shapes and colors and sizes
5. Moon lights my way at night but doesn't cause roasting greenhouse effect or make my room hot
6. Moon is bright but I can still sleep when it's out
7. You feel like yelling and hollering when you see the moon, and that's okay.

I've been making comics regularly, so that feels good. Ed found me organic crunchy peanut butter. I've started a new book from Jami: Marisha Pessl's Special Topics in Calamity Physics. I never read what is current, so now I feel less clumsy and behind-the-times. ALSO, I've found that reading in the morning during breakfast is heavenly. Forget the paper. Just reading, fruit, and soy milk (plus whatever goodies are around). This is exactly three weeks for me on the farm, and I'm finally figuring out a routine. Yeehaw!

2 comments:

  1. i heart this picture.
    also, i heart the fiddler on the roof story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ellie8:35 AM

    that photo is just too cool. i love it. you could make cards out of it! hope all is well... i love your insight abotu moonburn

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!