Tuesday, August 01, 2006

In case you thought MI was shabby

This was my studio window at Ox-Bow. I actually didn't spend as much time in there as I would have liked, b/c I was always so scared of the mosquitoes at night (one of my last nights, I braved it, and killed about 5 or 6 in my studio, then went to letterpress and killed another two. But not before they got me). But it was still great to have, and I did a decent amount of work considering all the circumstances.

I feel like I've been going nonstop since I got off that train on Sunday. I'm SO out of it that I can't tell what day is what. I went to UPS today to ship stuff for a show, which had an August 4 deadline. I insisted to the lady that I needed everything to arrive THURSDAY, which I assumed was August 4 (why, I have no idea). She was like, "it's eight-whatever to get it there Friday." And I was like, NO! I need it to get there Thursday!!! She was like, fine, it's twenty-three-whatever. So I reluctantly did that, only to realize now, in my box-filled bedroom, that I'm losing my mind. Well, it's lost.

What I had confirmed in Michigan is that my vision is extremely blind. Meaning that I am so focused that I can't see the things right in front of me. I'd do things like open windows w/o noticing that they're the kind that open at the top, so it was already open. Or, look for tools that were right in front of me, off to the side a little. I'm so the distracted art teacher w/glasses on top of her head unable to see. I also now have massive heat rash/sun poisoning. But I made it back to yoga today; I'm easing in and just took a 1-hr class today.

In the meantime, I really, really, really want to go home for a week before I go to NE. I just miss my family and NY and am kind of embarrassed that I can't go very long w/o going back. But some major financial burdens that make me hesitate: possible need for a new iPod (unless someone has a better idea for light, large memory storage...my 350g hard drive is just so clunky to travel with), possible need for a mouthguard from the dentist for grinding, paying my editor to cut my thesis video, and shipping stuff to NE. Yeesh.

1 comment:

  1. Paulettasaurus12:23 PM

    I'm the same way with LA. I get so homesick. If you're coming to NY, visit before I leave! (If I leave, that is.) Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!