Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bleary and OCD

Scary things are cracking in my neck and jaw and back. Today has been ridiculous, and it's a mixed kind of emotion now: I feel awful for not being able to hang w/Tam tonight b/c of my edition (and the worst part is that I emailed her last night to cancel, but it was one of those "lost in the web" messages that somehow never got to her), but so relieved that I'm almost done w/a project I thought I couldn't do. I'm killing my eyes and hands and body making this, and still thinking that it's the best work to do. It's kind of scary how single-minded I've been for the past few years, but kind of astounding, too. In a way, my mom was right: I better have a damn good reason for not having a job or a husband all this time.

So, all the drama today was that I was trying to figure out if I could move tomorrow or next week. Joseph and I will do it tomorrow. I got the contractor bags today, almost died getting them back to school w/stops at the farmer's market for two cookies and other "I'm starving and have been schlepping like a mad bag lady" lunch items, and then met Terttu at school. After a lot of confusion about when we're getting kicked out, I started back on the edition and had dinner at the opening downstairs. Elizabeth was there - SO great to catch up. I think a LOT of the problem right now w/me and my not very good maintenance of friendships is that almost none are in my position: just graduated from this program. Hard to get.

Okay. Must run to the train and then be a bad roommate, coming home late. Tomorrow is IT!

2 comments:

  1. aimee, my heart goes to you. do you have past instructors that might help you find ways to work on your art that cause less physical pain? i know sometimes you're not looking looking for problem-solving, just a place to be heard and so that will be my only suggestion for now. you are being heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo. the physical pain is all my own doing. though i DID figure out a better way to staple my cyanotypes into my pages this a.m.!!! it only took over a year, but at least now i know: styrofoam.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!