Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Way off schedule

Yawn! It's so late, and I haven't done any of the work on my applications that I had expected to do today. I got a little hung up today on a few parts of my thesis, so it was a less productive studio day than I prefer. Especially for Tuesdays, which are usually my most productive. Bummer. I DID look at my slides in the projector today, though, and got some good feedback from Jenny. These are pictures of the paper pattern I am trying to create so that I can build off of it when I'm constructing the wall off-site.

I was trying to figure out what to wear today, and noticed two tank tops that I never wear anymore, so I decided to take them to school and pulp them. I had another shirt there waiting, so I pulped all three for a nice 24 sheets of blue rag paper that I'll use to print on this weekend in my LAST weekend class. Whew! But obviously, that has nothing to do w/thesis, so I got sidetracked for several hours. I did cut down a few brick molds to make half bricks, and am testing 40 of them now to see if a 2-part mold works (I have a bad feeling it won't...but will deal with that in the morning).

I tried to finalize my pattern for the floor, but am still unsure about how wide I want the radius of the tower to be. I did the whole taping string to the floor and then to a pen to draw it, but I'm going to try again tomorrow to tweak it out. I also decided that I'm going to extend my paper run, and make 2,000 bricks total (I'm close to 1,700 right now). Which means no yoga tomorrow, since I have to beat fiber instead.

New goals for by the time I leave for San Francisco next Friday: finish 2,000 bricks, complete image selection for two or three applications, do my laundry, and have at least one segment of the test wall built from the ceiling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!