Monday, March 13, 2006

Pink, purple, and gilded houses

Yay! It has been so pretty, even w/the rain and cold and hail and threatening snow. I just booted Elbert off of his computer so I could post. Just got back from downtown (a little bit of shopping; still can't find good yoga pants) and Ellie's - Anju and Joel came down w/Piper & Madiba (I don't know how to spell that), their hyper and cute puppies, from Sonoma. David and Ellie brought Nesday, and we all went to the marina in Berkeley and watched the dogs run around as we got soaked and muddy and freezing cold. I felt bad, b/c Anju has been sick, but they were all good sports and then we went to Ethiopian for late lunch.

Yesterday was a nice lazy morning, amazing bakery goods for bfast, and seeing Ellie and David. We got a hard case for David's banjo and browsed a bunch (amazingly, I was able to control myself and put all the clothes back on the rack that I thought about trying on. I just kept thinking about my shoe purchase earlier this year and decided I'm not really allowed to spend money for a long time) before coming home for David-cooked dinner. Mmm! We were so tired that we went to bed at 8 or 8:30.

My first day, I met Elbert, then Josh and Zack for lunch (they're both training for the triathalon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! I already donated for Josh, who is over his $ goal but not yet his donor # goal, and I encourage everyone to donate for Zack - they're both doing this for Githa, who died of leukemia in 2003). Josh took me to SFMOMA and I checked out the brick coursing on the outside...the art inside was good! And then back to Elbert's to walk around the Sunset and not be able to decide on what to eat (finally, after a huge cookie, we got excellent Chinese/Korean noodles from around the corner). I met Ellie and David at night for the ballet but we were in the nosebleed section so we couldn't see Elbert in the pit. Despite Ellie and me being so tired, it was a good program (the first and last pieces being our favorite).

I think it's crazy that I have to travel all the way here to get sleep, on both ends: to be able to sleep in, and to be able to go to sleep early. So far, though, it's been a nice little jaunt.

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you on Friday Aimee! Fun to hear about what you have been up to. Thanks for the link and enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!