Monday, October 17, 2005

Just under eight hours


To calculate your Korean age: you are one when you're born and everyone gains a year at the same time: new year's day. But I don't live in Korea, so today (my birthday) I've been my new age for about 7.5 hours. And according to my sister's boyfriend, that would be eighteen.

I was so fried from a whole weekend of bookbinding that when I heard the "happy eighteenth birthday!" message, I believed it. Ha! Now I'm going to crawl into bed and listen to "Tabula Rasa" (Arvo Part) and think about my big performance coming up in exactly one month.

Here is the shameless promotion for it: Site Unseen, Wed Nov 16, 6-9pm, Chicago Cultural Center.

after-the-fact ps: This would be me and Shayna at Kamehachi for our mutual birthday sushi.

1 comment:

  1. Hello hello!

    Looking forward to lots of wonderful thoughts and reading from your blog. And I hope you have a wonderful year!

    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting!